Note To Mother

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

the beach and the mess

Dear Mother,

My house is a MESS!!  Like, really...A MESS!!
I am trying to remain calm and be patient with it all, but I'm pretty stocked school is starting tomorrow.  Does that mean I'm not a good mother?  I hope not.  I really am trying! 

Asia went into the MTC today.  I've been praying hard for Lizette, especially today.  I found some pants for her the other day at the thrift store that I would have loved to have fit in myself (size 4 will not see me ever!) and then washed, dried, and ironed them.  I drove to a school open house for Gracie with them on the floor of the suburban while we ran into school and then off to the post office.  I got in to mail them and they were STAINED!  Oh, I was so mad!..I almost cried.  Ugh!
I ought to clean out my diaper bag every few days and take out sick old grapes.
  
I got to visit with Dinah the other day.  It was so sweet!  Like talking with you and Grandma Wagley combined.  I had been praying for help with the thoughts of still living in Ohio, and not being in Texas or even Utah next to family.  It's hard to live so far away and feel so far.  Talking to Dinah was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  I'm so glad you have a sister!

We went to Michigan again this summer and had such a good time on the beach.  We rode bikes into town almost everyday.   Here are a few pictures:
 Oh, Julia!  I love that baby!
 
 don't worry, Julia's liver is not failing...David was trying some funky setting on the camera.

 visited the light house.



 Happy Graham


Gracie on her sweet bike.


handsome.  starting 6th grade!


Gracie loves frogs.  I do not.

Gracie got a hermit crab for her birthday (well, 2 because this one died)


and sunglasses.  Happy 6th, Gracie


Birthday party on beach.

Yours truly. 

Dinner 

Picking blueberries on opening day.


I love you Mother.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post! I think you should be on the "Michigan" ads...your trips always look dreamy. Your kids are so dang cute! I think my favorite pic is Gracie and the frog, and that first one of Julia is hilarious. Yes, I cannot believe our boys start 6th grade tomorrow. Unreal. Remember when they started Sunbeams? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete