Note To Mother

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Surviving Christmas Break 2010

Surviving Christmas Break 2010



Today we went to an indoor play land to let the kids get out some much energy out!  Gracie decided to sing rather loudly to a baby (and everyone near the ball bin).  She knows all the words to, "Hey, soul sister" by Train.



Last week, right before bedtime, one of our children (I promised not to tell) called 911 on a very small new phone he bought himself through those scholastic book fairs.  His Dad and I were not thrilled with the idea of him having his own phone, but we thought we'd let ourselves trust him.  Apparently, he called 911, hung up, and then the dispatcher called back asking me what emergency we had.  I explained, rather confused, that we had no emergency and then realized what happened.  I told the dispatcher that I would have a talk with my child, but an officer was already on his way.  I have never seen such fear in my child's face!  He was soooooo sorry and so scared!  He asked me repeatedly if he was going to jail!  It was such a good lesson learned!  Oh, if  only I could teach lessons that well!!!!!!  So, the phone is now in the trash and we've been cop free for the last week.  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment