Note To Mother

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Piano and Mother

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Piano and Mother


We bought a used piano!  Since my mother died I have had this great desire to have a piano and to learn to play again (I did take lessons as a girl, but learned close to nothing...I was a brat!)  So, somehow Dave could sense how important this was to me and was willing to help fill my void. He is a good, good man!  Life without Mother has proved to be a great learning experience for me.  I miss her so so much!  I have thought and thought about where she is and what she is doing.  I have thought about the sweet experiences I've had where the Lord has comforted me.  I was willing to let her go, but there are many days I wish I could hear her voice and call her and see her.  We have grown as a family, I have grown as a wife and the mother of our home.  I am learning to trust that the Lord will lead me, knowing that I don't have her to call for direction.  I am so honoured that I am her daughter and she is my mother.  I love love her!  I can only think living just today without her.  When I think much longer than that I get too sad.  I can let the Lord have her today.  I'll see about tomorrow, tomorrow...like somehow if I decide I'm done with this experiment he'll send her back!?
I know when we leave this life, we don't go very far.  She isn't far.  I love you Mother!
My sister in law, Emily, made a quilt for Mother right before she died with  patches of our thoughts and pictures of each of our families.  This was my patch.  Thank you Em!  

No comments:

Post a Comment