Note To Mother

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

learning sanity.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Learning Sanity

Dear Mother...


Have you seen this kid?  He is seriously good!!!  Of course, I'm modest on the baseball field and don't scream too loud (okay, maybe I do sometimes), but my heart could burst watching him!  He is serious about this game.
He loves baseball and his coaches love him.

We are finally done for the season, Saturday was our last game.  Secretly, I was a little excited it was finally over.  We've had  both boys in baseball for the last few months, that's 4 games a week...and now swim team with  practice everyday and 2 swim meets a week too.

Both Julia and I have wanted to run away!!  


My house looks like this...well, usually worse.  Yes, that is a bird cage on the fridge (for a bird/hamster/anything that poops that Gracie is currently praying for) 
Though, really this kitchen doesn't look too bad with flowers on the table (thank you Amy!)

A couple of weeks ago Reuben's coach asked if we were going to have him try out of the All-Star Baseball Team.  His coach would head  that team too.  David and I hesitated, primarily because we weren't sure if this team would play on Sunday and really we are both pretty tired of running around like crazies every evening!  We decided to let him try-out and just this week we learned that he had made the team. 

So, I thought, cried, and thought, "how in the world am I going to keep up this pace??"  It is such a great opportunity for Reub, but I'm NOT doing well!  I listened to this talk over and over again this week...For Peace at Home

After praying about what was best, we decided to scale way back.  Before sending the email to the coach, I finally told Reuben he had made the team.  I explained how difficult things had become in our home with our schedules and how stressed I felt.  I asked him what he thought we should do. Of course, he was elated to find out he had made this team but understood the situation and said he thought he'd like to spend more time as a family too.  What a good boy!!
Needless, to say, his coach had a few words with me at our game this weekend and wanted to know why!  I tried my best to explain without referencing the possible onset of mental illness! He said, (with tears in his eyes), "But your taking away my best pitcher!"  Well, that may be true, but there will always be another year. 
 It will just have to wait.

Columbus Ohio Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment