Note To Mother

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

He was Running!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

He was Running!


Yesterday while driving to volunteer in Reuben's class I passed a teenage boy running mabye more like sprinting in the middle of the road with traffic behind him.    Yes, it looked strange and all over not right...but I seemed to justify passing him.  As I watched in my rear view mirror, I talked myself into turning the car around.  I drove up beside him and asked him if I could help, he looked at me blankly and began to run again.  I tried again, and this time did all I could to encourage him to get in the car with me!  Really!  Have I gone crazy?! He got in.  I began to talk.  "What's your name?"  followed by more questions....no response.  I noticed he was wearing a sort of tag around his neck.  I realized quickly this boy was not mentally all there.  I pulled his tag around to see if I could find his name, no name,.."Men's Bathroom".  It's all coming clear now...he took the bathroom pass and RAN!  He was a 1/2 mile or so from his school.  I brought him back to the school and explained that I found him running in the middle of the road with traffic all around.  Needless to say they were very VERY THANKFUL!   Crazy!  That kid needs an alarm on him.  Anyway, it made my day a whole lot more exciting!  Dave has been out of town all week for work.  He called last night to see how my day went and of course I told him.  He kept saying, no Kath!  Yea, then I realized how dangerous that situation could have been for me.  Oh, well...it all worked out and I helped bring a kid back to school who didn't want to be there! (:  

Too bad I didn't have my camera to take his picture...so instead I'll post one that has nothing to do with that story.  Gracie with her brothers legos.

No comments:

Post a Comment